The academic year of Theatre Arts and Music at NAPA begins in September every year. We open the floor for admissions, receive applications, and call eligible applicants for an audition. The auditions are headed by the President of NAPA and overseen by the members of the Theatre Arts Faculty, who finalise the applicants.
- The minimum age for application is 17 years; there is no upper age limit.
- For the diploma course applicants should have an A Levels or an Intermediate certificate
- Preference will be given to applicants with some experience of performing arts
- Applications are accepted the end of each calendar year (July).
- Application forms may be collected from NAPA during office hours (12 pm to 6 pm, Monday to Friday).
- When submitting application forms, applicants must bring with them:
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs.500
- Original NIC and two photocopies
- Attested copies, as well as originals (for verification), of all required documents
- Six passport size photographs
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Candidates who pass the first stage of screening will be called for an audition
- No recorded material or accompaniment is permitted during an audition
- Live tabla and harmonium accompaniment will be available if required
Vocal Music: Candidates must perform at least one vocal composition of their choice (2-3 min. duration).
Instrumental Music: Candidates must perform one piece (2-3 min. duration) on an instrument of their choice. With the exception of piano, candidates are required to bring their own instrument.
Candidates will be offered a choice of 5 or 6 monologues. They must choose one and memorize it. In addition, candidates must prepare a monologue (2 to 3 minutes in duration) of their own choosing. This second monologue should be in contrast to the piece given by NAPA.
At NAPA, we firmly believe that opportunity shouldn’t be reserved only for the privileged, which is why we offer scholarships to deserving students who have the required talent but are constrained by financial circumstances.