National Academy Of
The National Academy of Performing Arts (NAPA) is Pakistan’s foremost performing arts institution, presenting world-class theatre and music programming and the country’s only national arts academy educating students in theatre and music.
To be an institution of excellence that provides quality education, rigorous training, and is a catalyst for creative expression in the performing arts.
A society that cherishes, respects, and encourages creative expression through the arts, especially the performing arts.
AT A GLANCE
- Founded in 2005
- Managed by a Board of Directors with Mr. Zia Mohyeddin as founding President
- A not-for-profit organisation supported by grants and donations
- The major source of income is the government of Pakistan, through public-private partnership grants
- Faculty of the most distinguished performing arts professionals in Pakistan.
- A Board of Directors comprising cultural, media, and business leaders of Pakistan.
- Facilities include a performance theatre, studios, and a library.
- Zia Mohyeddin, President Emeritus
- Junaid Zuberi, CEO
- Arshad Mahmud, Advisor to CEO
- Nafees Ahmed, Head of Music Department
- Khalid Ahmad, Head of Theatre Department
- Farooq Qassam Ali, General Manager Finance
- Zain Ahmed, Artistic Director NRT
- Shujaat Ali, Administrator